Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Offers, Interest Pouring in For Dominic Magee

Dominic MaGee at LeBron James Skills Academy
Photo Courtesy of 247Sports



Written by Bobby Sibley @CoachB_Sibley on twitter


As many of you know, March through July are huge months for a kids recruiting, one kid taking advantage of that is New Orleans, LA (Helen Cox) PG Dominic MaGee. The 6'4" athletic lead guard has had a huge spring that is transferring into a huge summer. Playing his travel ball with Baton Rouge based Louisiana Future, MaGee has raised his stock a ton. Coming into the summer as a virtual unknown nationally, the rising 2014 PG has definitely seen his stock rise. After a 1st round exit of the playoffs during his junior year, MaGee has since been working on his game and traveling the country against the top players nationally. A strong, physical PG that is explosive and can score, MaGee is a high major player that when he limits his turnovers, will be one of the top players in the country next season. With fellow New Orleans player Craig Victor departing St. Augustine HS, MaGee is considered the #1 player in Louisiana now. With that target on his back, he will be out to prove that he deserves this title. Below is a Q&A that Dominic and Louisiana Basketball Report had yesterday.

LBR: What schools have officially offered?
DM: LSU, UCLA, Alabama, Oklahoma, Houston, Memphis, Louisville, Louisiana Tech, Tulane, Tulsa, Minnesota, Auburn, Oral Roberts, Arizona and Texas A&M

LBR: If you have a top 10 list of schools, who are they and why?
DM: I don't have a top 10. I want to enjoy the process.

LBR: When will you make a decision?
DM: I am not sure, just weighing all of my options.

LBR: What schools are recruiting you that haven't offered, but you would like to get an offer from?
DM: Kansas, Kansas State and Texas

LBR: Who are the best players you have faced?
DM: Rashad Vaughn(Top 15 Recruit Nationally), Josh Perkins(Top 30 Recruit Nationally) and Jaylin Lindsay(Top 50 Recruit nationally and new Providence Commit)

LBR: What is your current GPA and ACT?
DM: GPA is 2.8 and my ACT is 17 but I will be taking it again in September.

LBR: How big of an influence is your mom and who will be helping with your decision?
DM: My mom is my #1 fan, she is my heart. With my decision, my family will be helping me.

LBR: What are some things that people don't know about Dominic Magee that you want them to know?
DM: I am a fun loving kid, who loves to have fun, I am coach able, I want to learn more about the game, I want to get better and I don't want to learn from a coach that wants to put me down or hates on me.

LBR: What do you want to accomplish this season at Helen Cox?
DM: I want to take my team past the 1st round and win state.

LBR: What camps have you been to this summer?
DM: I have been to the Reebok Breakout Camp, LeBron James Skills Academy and the Deron Williams/Kyrie Irving Skills Academy.

LBR: What did you learn from these events?
DM: I learned to be a smarter PG, how to play more smoothly and that I need to be more patient on the pick and roll as well as being a more vocal leader/floor general.

We would like to personally thank Dominic for his time and we look forward to seeing how he does the rest of the month with Louisiana Future.

Also, follow Dominic on Twitter @YounginDnic and follow us on twitter at @LA_BBALLREPORT and @CoachB_Sibley

Thanks


No comments: