Friday, April 23, 2010

New Orleans' Jarvis Ray signs with TCU




Jarvis Ray 6'6 " 180 lbs. 
New Orleans, Louisiana
O. Perry Walker High School)

Ray comes to the Frogs from O. Perry Walker High School where he led the City of New Orleans in scoring average - 21.6 points per game - during his senior campaign. The 6-6 guard capped off his final prep season with second team All-Louisiana Class 4A accolades in addition to a first team selection to the Times-Picayune All-Metro squad.

The newly-inked Frog played AAU ball with Fleur de Leis All-Star that finished third overall in the Louisiana State Tournament. In addition, Ray also guided his prep team to a 5-1 record in the Super Elite Summer League where he finished with a team-high 10.0 points per game.
"I really felt comfortable on my visit, hanging out with the players and talking with the coaching staff. I felt that TCU was a place that was going to take care of me, and I'm excited about that opportunity. I really consider myself a team player, and I like to get everyone involved on the floor. I'm excited to work with Coach Christian, and he told me that I need to get stronger, but that he really liked my all-around game," said Ray.

"TCU really did an excellent job in recruiting Jarvis. I'm not only excited for Jarvis, but I'm excited for TCU because they are getting one of the top-five players in Louisiana. In addition to being a very athletic player, Jarvis is very skilled, versatile and can play multiple positions," said O. Perry Walker High School basketball coach Brian Gibson.

"Jarvis is a long, athletic wing and has a lot of upside and potential. He is another multi-faceted guard who can dribble, pass and shoot. He is very explosive and possesses very good range," said Christian.

Courtesy of Go Frogs.com

No comments: